Constipation & Pain

Flea & tick prevention, worming, vaccinations, de-sexing and other health and grooming issues.
Ronna58

Re: Constipation & Pain

Post by Ronna58 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:12 am

Canned pumpkin I find in the baking aisle. I notice the local pet store also has some in stock.
Ronna
Aberdale's Missy Emma Marie CGN NTD (Emma)
Aberdale's Smooth As Glass CGN NTD (Liam)
Aberdale's Unforgettable (Natalie) CGN NTD
Forever in my heart - Golden Hylites' Hamish O'Neill, Arbreglen's Noah Bradley

izzie's mom

Post by izzie's mom » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Canned Pumpkin works well. I first found out about it several years ago when our first sheltie had bladder cancer. To keep it on hand I would freeze it in an ice tray, that way I could add it to her food with ease. Our current little girl is 16.5 years old. We adopted her 2.5 years ago when first mom (my cousin) passed away. Her daily diet includes grated carrots, brown rice, chicken, and cottage cheese with enough Science Diet chow to keep her bm firm. Our vet says it's a great diet and contributes her "younger appearance" to it. She also takes a joint supplement (Cetyl M) and pain medication when needed.

Erin005

Post by Erin005 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 am

Hi guys! I want to know if I can use cannabis to my sheltie? Can a sheltie eat it?. CBD is a currently a hot topic now. Research reveals medical marijuana can treat digestive disorders, including constipation. Constipation can also be caused by digestive disorders treated with medical marijuana. Furthermore, medical marijuana can substitute or reduce the dosage of certain medications causing constipation, such as opiates. This indicates medical marijuana may not only treat constipation itself, but some underlying causes, like this article in www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/build-ind ... grow-room/. Luckily, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. I would like to hear any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks