Help with nails please!

Flea & tick prevention, worming, vaccinations, de-sexing and other health and grooming issues.
Haidaha

Help with nails please!

Post by Haidaha » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Otto is nearly 6 months. I have clipped his nails once when he was much younger. He was sleeping on my lap and didn't really notice. That was about 3 months ago and I have been trying to cut them again. I find it really difficult to hold his paw long enough for me to know that I am going to do it properly. He wriggles. Husband even tried to help me, that was even worse. Tried to get him used to a cordless grinder and did manage to tap a nail or two but he really does hate that. I tried it on my own nails and the sensation is really mild. I need some help. I have the fall back of taking him to the vet or asking his breeder to have a go but I don't like to give up. I did my last schnauzer for 14 years, I can't remember whether I had any difficulty with him. Maybe I am not being patient enough but I am starting to panic about the length of his nails. The last session on the table did not go well at all.

Lexismom

Re: Help with nails please!

Post by Lexismom » Mon May 06, 2019 6:25 pm

I recommend the Facebook group Nail Maintenance for Dogs - really helpful for getting nails down to a reasonable length!