4th of July HELP

Discuss behavior and temperament issues, including your favorite dog training techniques.
Winnie

4th of July HELP

Post by Winnie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi there,

This is my first post here about my first sheltie. Winnie Opal is my beautiful fur baby. She just turned 1 and is extremely timid. She barks at Everything and will Not go on walks, but that's a post for another time haha (unless you have ideas on it, then I'm more than open to hearing advice).

We have had a couple fireworks go off in our neighborhood and Win will go berzirk! Usually, my family goes to a friends camp for the 4th and we shoot fireworks off into the lake. My question is should I leave her home or should I bring her with us. If at home, I'm in fear she could hurt herself or have a seizure or die of fear! I know,that escalated quickly lol but I'm so nervous leaving her. If she came with us I would bring her crate and leave her inside the camp house.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice :)
Jenna
Attachments
IMG_5560.JPG

Hanne

Re: 4th of July HELP

Post by Hanne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 am

Hi again I have answer your other thread :D

You must not let her be alone in the cage if she is afraid, you have to give her pressure during the fireworks.
(A blanket over cages could possibly help a little)
My 1. Sheltie (tricolor - born 10 July 14)
Excuse my bad English !!!

MrsKaren

Re: 4th of July HELP

Post by MrsKaren » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 pm

I used to put our male sheltie on a leash and keep it short and close to me. This seemed to comfort him for fireworks and thunder storms.