What's your favorite Sheltie game?

Welcome Sheltie lovers! Say hello, share stories, ask questions, and talk woofy to your heart's content.
casale

What's your favorite Sheltie game?

Post by casale » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm

I like to play a game called "Run backwards on the beach, turning sharply at random intervals and making excited noises", or RuBOT-BeT-SARI-AMEN". Piper very much likes this game, and leaps after me, trying to catch me. He jumps repeatedly with his two front paws outstretched like he is trying to push me down. If he manages to catch me, I fall over and Piper does a triumphant circle around me, wagging not just his tail but his entire body. After his victory lap (or sometimes during) he likes to stick his wet nose into my eye socket, which I attempt to prevent. Then it's time for a Piper hug and start again for round 2.

Also, I enjoy the occasional game of Super Sheltie Walker 2 Turbo.
Attachments
super-howard-walker.jpg
super-howard-walker.jpg (121.74 KiB) Viewed 10184 times
Peter
Sheltie Planet (Facebook | Twitter)
100% Owned By Howard and Piper Woofington Moon

ImageImage ImageImage

kherr05

Re: What's your favorite Sheltie game?

Post by kherr05 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I got this new toy, it is a small tire! Bruiser loves it. I roll it down the hallway, he loves playing catch, so I thought it would be something different. Missy is always trying to take the toys away from him. It is fun to watch them play.
Bruiser- Tri Black
Missy-Blue Merle

legallybrunette

Post by legallybrunette » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 am

Tug of War and making mum chase me around the house when I've stolen her make up brush/underwear/shoe/etc!

lol at Super Sheltie Walker 2 Turbo!!
Tegan
-&-
Archie

Please "like" Archie on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/pages/Archie-the-Sheltie/186179354760291

ImageImage

Boellen

Post by Boellen » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:18 am

You and another person stand 100 meter apart, with your pockets full with treats. Call for your dog. When she arrives, reward her. Then your friend calls for the dog and rewards her when she comes. Saga can go on for ages! It's a great way to exercise your dog if you are unable to walk far for som reason.

SheltiePlanet
Site Admin

Post by SheltiePlanet » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:29 am

We have discovered that Piper likes Hide n Seek!

I take both Shelties into a bedroom and shut the door while Peter hides. To let them know what we're doing, I count down from 10 and hype them up a bit. Then we burst out the room and I say WHEEEEERE'S PETER!?

Piper goes all around the house looking in cupboards, in the bath, behind curtains, etc, it's so cute! When he finds Peter he is so happy and pleased with himself. We have played this game 4 times in a row before and he still doesn't lose interest. Howard isn't really into the seeking part but he follows us all around and adds a few barks to the game, so I think he likes it too.

For some reason Piper LOVES it. I recommend trying it out on your Shelties too!
Becky Casale
Sheltie Planet

For the inside scoop, download my ebook The Pet Owner's Guide to Shelties

harleysmamma

Post by harleysmamma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 am

Harley's favorite game is fetch the tennis ball. We use the chuk-it stick to throw the ball as far as we can. Harley speeds after it and returns it right to our feet and drops it. He can do this for very long periods of time. He just loves it. My husband and I tire out before he does. It has gotten to the point that we can't leave the tennis balls out. If he finds one in the house, he then finds one of us and nudges us with his nose until we give in and play with him!

Ronna58

Post by Ronna58 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am

Hamish loved hide and seek, although the longer it took to find me, the more panicked he got. Noah loved me to toss his stuffed animals from the bedroom down the hall. Emma loves to fetch - the ball, a stuffed toy, her Wham-A-Ham, her frisbee, whether inside or out, and then play tug of war with it. Liam likes to fetch - he is learning to play since I got him at 10 months of age.
Ronna
Aberdale's Missy Emma Marie CGN NTD (Emma)
Aberdale's Smooth As Glass CGN NTD (Liam)
Aberdale's Unforgettable (Natalie) CGN NTD
Forever in my heart - Golden Hylites' Hamish O'Neill, Arbreglen's Noah Bradley

legallybrunette

Post by legallybrunette » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Archie love plush squeaky toys and rope toys. Tug-of-war is definitely his favourite game, but he also loves to play fetch. When he is playing tug-of-war, he makes this adorable growl, it sort of sounds like a pirate, arrrrr-arrrrrr-arrrrrr. :lol:

Archie also loves playing in water. The other night, I was watching him wash his toys in a bucket by using his paw to dunk them under the surface of the water.
Tegan
-&-
Archie

ImageImage

SheltiePlanet
Site Admin

Post by SheltiePlanet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 am

legallybrunette wrote:Archie love plush squeaky toys and rope toys. Tug-of-war is definitely his favourite game, but he also loves to play fetch. When he is playing tug-of-war, he makes this adorable growl, it sort of sounds like a pirate, arrrrr-arrrrrr-arrrrrr. :lol:
Aww Howard does that too, it is so cute!! It is like the most adorable tiny beast ever! I like to make growly noises back at him while I tug the sock or whatever he's got and he gets louder and louder. It's definitely not an aggressive growl though, just a play thing. I love it. :D
Becky Casale
Sheltie Planet

For the inside scoop, download my ebook The Pet Owner's Guide to Shelties

legallybrunette

Post by legallybrunette » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:01 am

OMG Becky, that's hilarious, our boys are so much alike! I really work Archie up and growl back at him too, and he starts jumping around like a little bunny growling at me. Sometimes he'll play with two toys at the same time - he will have one in his mouth and jump around the other one on the ground, growling at it!
Tegan
-&-
Archie

ImageImage