My lovely cute puppy Sheltie Tzu

Share your favorite photos of your beloved fur friends!
LisaM77

Re: My lovely cute puppy Sheltie Tzu

Post by LisaM77 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 am

That has got to be one of the cutest puppies ever!!!! Keep an eye out for the teeth that are falling out - I found one of Moose's and I like having it as a reminder that I've had him since he was such a little guy. I know exactly how you feel about LoveyDovey - the bond is crazy eh.

loveydovey

Post by loveydovey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:30 am

thanks LisaM77 . But i still cant found her teeth fallen. i think she ate it already. >,<

loveydovey

Post by loveydovey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm

I am wondering, the pet's shop retailer said only feed my puppy 2 of soup spoon each meal. Was it too few for my puppy? I not sure it is a soup spoon or ladle. anyone can tell me?

LisaM77

Post by LisaM77 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 am

It's definitely not a ladle! When they are growing so fast as puppies they need a bit more than once they are full grown. You want to be careful not to overfeed because it can be hard to get weight off once it's on, but that's less of an issue when they're soaking it all up. Speaking very generally the 2 spoons per meal sounds about right. Moose has dry food for breakfast and gets 2 tablespoons of that - I find that much easier than getting in to grams per kilo of bodyweight etc.

Is she still on 3 meals a day? That's 6 spoons so it adds up. Plus treats - all those lovely treats as rewards for being good :)

I remember when I got Moose and reading in several books, and from my breeder, about leaving food out for 10 minutes and taking it away after that. Like Moose would let food last 10 minutes!!! The boy is a little food hoover!!! I put his food down, turn away to put the container away, turn back and he's done! The other night I dropped a couple of the big dental biscuits (for the other dog in the house) and he swallowed one whole - they are big!

Sapphire-Blue

Post by Sapphire-Blue » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi, Lovey is so tiny and cute. How old is she?

loveydovey

Post by loveydovey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 pm

LisaM77 - 2 meals a day, one snack in noon time and 1-2 dry food as treat when she did a good thing. But she quite fast finished eat up all the foods within 5-7 minutes. I wondering if she was not enough meal till she eating the insect which drop on the floor and she also eat her poo poo (yuckss :cry: ) or whatever she saw on the floor.

Sapphire-Blue - She just 2.7KG (quite tiny :cry: ) and she is 4 months puppy ( a very naughty puppy :D ) but i love her :P

LisaM77

Post by LisaM77 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 pm

They will eat anything. It's amazing what they think is food! Moose grew out of eating poo. I read that they usually get sick from eating it and then stop, but fortunately he just seemed to grow out of it. He still eats insects - its funny to watch him and my cat compete to get something :D

loveydovey

Post by loveydovey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm

oh .... i feel so yuckkss when i saw her eating her poo poo n insects. my vet told me, i should stop her to do so... hope she can quit this habit :cry:

loveydovey

Post by loveydovey » Mon May 07, 2012 9:14 pm

The latest photo of my puppy
7.1.JPG